Friday, February 15, 2008

Prolonging The Inevitable

So, yesterday was Valentines day. For all the curious, yes he asked me out. It was adorable. I'm very happy. But...if you really want to know lots, you'll have to find me in person. :p

In other aspects of life, I'm pretty content. I have awesome friends, I really do. I love my friends so flippin much!! Caitlin is is florida this week, I'm very jealous. She keeps texting me about how she's in Magic Kingdom and such. But she promised me to bring me back a stuffed eeyore so I'm happy. I spent the day with Mom in the mall, getting highlights and my third hole in my ears. And getting a cute shirt for tomorrow, which i totally love. Its pink, a rare occurance for me, but its definatly not In-Your-Face cause i reverted back to my favorite color...grey haha...to tone it down. Definatly laid back and appropriate enough for Valentines day dinner at my church with my boyfriend (hehe its offical!). So, I'm excited. It should be alot of fun...minus the whole cooking/touching other peoples food. Eww! I'll never be a good waitress.....hrumph.

The biggest news of the day would be Grandpa's broken ankle. Not to worry, its really not a big deal. In fact, the story that Grandpa and Uncle Richard tell about how it happened is hilarious. See, with all the ice, Grandpa decided that to be involved he'd move the cars so Uncle Richard could shovel. Apparently Uncle Richard started out shoveling wrong...something about rocks into the garden...but it resulted in the usual comical arguement between the grumpy old man who takes issue with the little things and the stubborn hard-of-hearing middle aged man who takes far too much pleasure and humor out of the grumpy old man's issues. Don't get my wrong, I love them both more then anything in the world, and Grandpa isn't really that grumpy, but he definatly has old man traits, like from a sitcom. So anyway they ended up making half-hearted nasty comments and flipping each other off with the bird. Great, right? So Grandpa turned around and Uncle Richard said watch the ice and bang he fell. Oh, wait, it gets better. See, Uncle Richard didn't hear him yelling at first. And when he finally did he had to take Grandpa's arms and pull him across teh driveway on his but until they got to a patch rough enough that they could get him up. I can just picture it. Easy winner of America' Funniest Home Videos. Now Grandpa is sitting at home being stubbornly indepentdant and lugging around a chunky hard cast that I decorated with Giant's Logos. I know, I'm just grandaughter of the year. :)
Anyway, just wanted to share one of the many quirky reasons why I absolutly LOVE my family.

0 comments :