Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Thank God for my people

Really, I mean, what would I do without them? Tonight I go to choir as usual. We're leaving, and one of my mentors says "oh, now we're going to go watch spider-man three" (by the way, by "we" he meant him, his two fun-loving children and his wife, with whom I get along great.). So I, being the nerd I am (thanks sis) go "LUCKY!!" and he just says "oh, want to come?". Well, lets just say I...heh...begged and pleaded and bargined and finally got the okay from parents to go if I got my homework done in the car on the way to the drive-in/pizza. So we go to pizza, and then go watch the movie from the back of their mini-van. Of course, me, I couldn't stand to sit in a car at a drive-in, so I traded my spot on the bench seat with the kids for a rag on the damp grass in the oh-so-crisp air. I sat next to his wife, and, well, have you ever been around someone who you laugh with often and suddenly something not meant to be funny is hilarious? Hah, yeah, well...lets put it this way...the people in front of us left. It just seemed that everything had a funny aspect, and of course the more we tried not to laugh as we pointed out it's cheesy flaws (totally not dising the movie though) the harder it got to stay quite and NOT choke on popcorn. But this break was something I really needed, and I can't think of anyone I would rather spend a late and absolutly perfect night with. So...be it this late on a school night before a test and any other drama you can throw at me...I'll always have my people. And for that, I am eternally grateful.

And with that, goodnight.

1 comments :

  1. Sandra said...

    Glad you had a good time. We saw Spidey last Fri (opening night). We went to an over crowded movie theatre with many anoying childred and a teenager who would not turn off her cell phone. Added to that the lameness of the movie we were not thrilled. The movie over all was ok but too many stories at once and no really good, you want to see him get his kumupins villan. Also it was particularly lacking in the clever spidey quips that I love.
    I totally wish I had seen it with fun loving friends at the drive-in I am sure I would have enjoyed it more!