Friday, May 18, 2007

Sorry!

I know, I know, its been over a week. I'm totally aware of this. I've had ALOT going on this week, however. So really, I haven't just been ignoring my blog. For example, I had my Chorus/Band/Chamber Choir concert weds. night. That went well, so I heard anyway. Now, I would write a story on how it's so sad because it's my last time performing with the middle school, but technically its not. Later this month I have another concert at the same place in which I am participating in only one event (a rare occurence, of course) which is women's choir. I have to say, the music department in my school is truly amazing. When I got to middle school, it was also my band teacher's first year. Straight out of collage, he was shy, quiet, and alittle overwhelmed by the energetic teachers surronding him. But over the years, not only have I learned how to come out of my shell, but I've watched him come out of his shell too. This shows at concerts where he went from moving his hands to moving his whole body and from shaking to laughing. As for my music teacher, she has truly pushed me somewhere I never thought my voice could take me. Between private lessons and out of school oppertunitys that she has lead me through, the three choirs I am currently involved in that are lead by her also challenge me and keep me focused. The concert that just passed consisted of regular chorus and chamber choir. Let me explain. Chamber is a auditioned choir that reherses after school and goes to a New York State full chorus competition/evaluation at the end of the year (meaning next week...AHHH!!). But, enough Middle School memories for now. I'm making it seem like the years already over!
As for other events this week.....well.....I did go back to memorial park. That was fun, as always. A few different people then last time and two added dogs proved to be quite a handful (no, I did NOT bring my 95 pound dog to a public park by myself....they were two 7 and 14 pound dogs belonging to my frinds). So...really...that was the only thing that night that was different. Basic memorial park night.
Now I am back to blogging, this I promise. And tonight, besides hanging out at home with the parents, not much is going on. I might even post later, depending on the boredom factor. So thats all for now...don't be mad!!

1 comments :

  1. Sandra said...

    There is no mad in blogging. Just your sister picking on you :)

    There is mad for not being told about your concerts so I could try to get up and hear some of them. :P

    Glad you love to sing. Keep up the blogging!