Sunday, May 20, 2007

Mouse!!!!!

This is my new mouse friend. Isn't he adorable????? Literally, he's the size of a quarter.
He was hiding behind a snow shovel. This wasn't our first sighting, but it was almost night time so he needed a home.

His story? Well, on the ceiling of my porch there is a beam-like box that stretches the length of the porch. And, since a year or two back, mice inhabit the hollow beam. We hear the skitter of their tiny feet running around at night. But today, as dad went outside to mow, he saw a tiny tiny baby mouse huddled in the corner of the porch. We all went outside and sttempted to catch him (just to get a better look) in a shoe box. However, he spazzed (he fits in, i guess) and dove off the porch. We didn't really think he was in any sort of danger, so we sighed and quickly forgot about it. However, later that night, I went outside to take the garbage out and what did I see but the same mouse huggled in the corner of the porch yet again. Now, at this point, its getting too chilly for a mouse of his age and size to be outside of its nest. This time, he was more comfortable around us and posed for pictures, then let us catch him without too much of a fight. We held him, and he crawled on all of us. He esspecially loved dad, and crawling up his arm and down his back. Of course, for all of you who know my father (esspecially my sisters) as soon as the baby mouse with no home fell asleep in his hand he was no longer homeless. After cutting a soft pink towel into rags and cleaning out an old hermit crab cage, we have, at least temporarily, a suitablle hoomw in which he is now sound asleep next to me.
More later, and more pics soon. Love you all!

3 comments :

  1. MarcoPolumbo said...

    Aww, what a cute little mouse. Yes, I have the privilege of being on the phone with this one as she found the mouse the second time. I never thought a human could make such a.......disturbing sound. =P. The best part was that your own mother was laughing at you about the entire thing. Your dad told me it was the size of a thimble. That looks about right. Well, I go into tonight expecting the Yankees to get swept...but they're winning 4-1. Whatever. They'll lose anyway.

    SHIMLY! ☺


    =]

  2. BirdingMom said...

    The sound is "AAAAAAWWWWWWwwwwwww...", it's the official "Baby Animal Sound", I've heard it many times.

  3. Sandra said...

    I have a cat that can solve your mouse problem for ya ;)

    Just kidding very cute. Now you can fatten him up for the kitty vacation feast (ask dad).

    Later