Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Want To Get Out

I love the movie "The Polar Express". Its basically the only thing getting me through tonight.
That and the phone.
I just don't know what to do about this school year at all. Its so annoying to have teachers that you are genuinely sure don't like you. And then to be taking such tough classes on top of that. Its so frustrating to not feel connected to your teachers, something I've always managed. And now I have teachers who are just genuinely bratty. I know, along with all this, that I haven't been giving my all, but its so hard to motivate myself lately. Its not that I don't care, because I most certainly do, but I hate school this year. I hate the whole damn thing. And the worst of all is that its only December, and I know I have no way out of this for a long time.
And what's out of this. Summer? Oh yay, that'll be great. I'm just not looking forward to Summer this year. I just see a lot of things that could go pretty badly.
I want Junior Year. Thats what I want. I want classes I like with teachers I like, or at least that aren't the ones I have now, and a fresh start. Is that so much to ask? I mean, I used to be such a good student. Sure, my standards are high for myself and by normal standards I'm doing fine. None of my averages are below an 85.
But this year sucks. Something is definitely missing.
Thank God Christmas is coming.

Oh good, after that post this list of Grace will be easy. And in case you didn't get my suddleness, that was sarcasm. I'm not like devastated, its just I hate where I am in my schooling right now. I really do.

Anyway, I do still have reasons to be thankful.
1) Christmas is coming
2) I'm going on a trip in January (fingers crossed)
3) Tomorrow is wednesday, which is one day closer to the weekend.
4) I'm watching the Polar Express.
5) I have one teacher in the building who I actually feel genuinely comfortable with right now.

2 comments :

  1. Sandra said...

    Hey summer means Pennsic! Also you have a few other events to look forward to. Lastly, welcome to the real world of school. I can assure you that your teachers do not hate you. They might not treat you special and they may not want you to think you should be treated special. You are a good student and a brownnoser :P however keep in mind that all teachers are not taken in by the "I'm smart and interested in what you say" routine. They are possibly tired of teaching the same old thing to a bunch of apathetic students. Don't take it personally and don't let them get you down.

  2. Beauty is in the Eyes of the Beholder said...

    i agree with sandra =) she's a very wise young woman (how's that for brownnosing haha) and you better be going on a trip in january! cause im not going by myself...oh that might have been before my mom spoke to mike. anyway, we can get through everything. cause we always manage to. i love you!