Monday, November 19, 2007

Sorry Elusive followers

Yeah, it just got so busy. But I'd like to comment on my best friend. Chiara, she's amazing. Look what she left me on IM while I was gone.

since i dont want to practice
I'm going to write you a little story

once upon a time, there was a magical blue dragon named Jessica. She was best friends with another magical green dragon named Chiara. They lived in Chicago. Well, these magical dragons were still pretty young. Teenagers, in fact. So they still had to go to MD High School (MD stands for magical dragon) So one November day, the two dragons came home from school. It had been snowing all morning
but it had all melted by late afternoon
they were hoping they would get to go home early, but the roads were not covered in snow. As soon as Chiara got home, she called up Jessica on their magic crystal transmitors. "The snow was soo pretty" said Chiara. "I wish it hadn't all melted"
"I know!" said Jessica. "I heard we were supposed to get freezing rain tonight, though."
"Really??" asked Chiara excitedly. "Maybe we'll have a two hour delay or something"
"Yeah," Jessica said "but probably not"
"Yeah, you're right. I have three tests tomorrow anyway. Wouldn't wanna miss those" Chiara said glumly. "Well, i have to go. I'll ask my dad what the weather's gonna be like. I hope he doesn't breathe fire on me. I'll ttyl!"
said Jessica
"oh, ok. Bye!" said Chiara. So she went off to practice her magic and tried not to burn a hole in the upholstrey. She was trying to master her fire-breathing skills for the test tomorrow. Her other two tests were in History of Dragons and Dragon Rider Literature
The evening wore on and soon it was 9:15. Exhausted from a day of studying, Chiara decided to turn in for the night. Seeing as it hadn't started raining yet, she didn't think to check the school crystal
But just as she was polishing her scales and turning out the light, her crystal started glowing blue, a sign that Jessica was calling
"Chiara! Chiara! Did you check the school crystal????" Jessica asked impatiently. "Uh, no" said Chiara. "It's not even raining out"
"Soo???? They're expecting heavy rain and temperatures below 25 degrees. THEY ALREADY CANCELLED SCHOOL FOR TOMORROW!"
"NO WAY!" Chiara roared. "Yes way! Now come over right now. You're staying here tonight" said Jessica
"Ok, ok! I'll be right over"
So with consent from her mother, Chiara packed her giant toothbrush and bottle of scale polish and flew over to Jessica's house. Literally The whole night, they sat cozily on the floor, watching old movies and eating tree stalks. And when they finally fell asleep at 3 AM, it had begun to snow gently outside, covering the solid layer of crystal ice covering the roads.

0 comments :