Monday, August 20, 2007

Touching Base

Time to touch base will you all before I once again find a vacation desination for a few days. No worries, this one will land me home on Friday, but until then, I'll be in Cape Cod in a beautifully quiet hotel called The Blue Dolphin and an early mornig Whale Watch on wedsday. The boat is part of the Dolphin Fleet, and does actual research not just tours, so its an amazing experience for a future Marine Biologist. I found out that on the boat we would see any of the following: Fin Whale, Humpback Whale, Minke Whale, Pilot Whale or Right Whale. But most important to me was the most probable dolphin species, which is the gorgeous Atlantic White Sided. They're stunning, and absolutly perfect for a boat tour as they are very happy to play in the waves made by the boat and jump up high near us.




Here's a pic of a White Sided:





I'll try and post some Pennsic Pictures that my air-headed sister finally returned to me tonight or tomorrow morning, but you might have to wait until Friday. Sorry!

0 comments :