Thursday, July 5, 2007

Bad News

I'm watching the news...so I've decided to run a survey. I'm going to see how many stories on the news have to do with death or money. Okay, so, starting at 10:13....

First story...gas. Speaking of changes in prices statewide, and what is going to make them go up again. So that falls into

money

Hillary's political campaign takes over story number three. She marched in a parade with her husband....of course she didn't use it to foward her campaign like some other canidates marching. (sarcasm). Happy Birthday America....let me take you over.

presidental race

Third story consists of weather. Portrays bad weather with bad results and delays for airports.

negitive comments

IMMIGRATION. Surprise surprise. AH-HAH. Money. Speaking of states loosing money due to immigration. Its the base of everything, isn't it?

money

Thats two out of four in....ten minutes. Do the math. About ever 2 and a half minutes your forced to sit through stories centered around money and all the way through you must hear about negitive portrayals of whatever it is they're speaking of. Thought there was no death in this ten minutes there were i believe two or three death stoires in the five minutes before that and just now there was a story of an attempted murder withine the five minutes after.
Anybody want to watch the news?


3 comments :

  1. Beauty is in the Eyes of the Beholder said...

    Wow. That's pretty bad. That's very bad, actually. I really need to start watching the news. Between you and Marc-Anthony, I'm feeling under-educated. By the way, you have to let me know the plans for Washington D.C., cause I need to know if they'll interfere with my vacation to South Carolina. Call me!

  2. MarcoPolumbo said...

    Your comment is VERY true. I absolutely agree. Like you said, we have the freedom to step up and criticize our governemtn, but we shouldn't have to. But just think, is a perfect government even possible? We have our hands dug in a lot of interesting...and deadly places, places we shouldn't have said hands, or our noses in. But this is the American government. For us to be perfect, so do many others around this world. Maybe we should stop snooping. This war is the second Vietnam, only we're fighting over oil.


    I completely agree with you.

  3. Sandra said...

    I always thought the news sucked. Now I tend to listen to NPR (or better yet it is my homepage on my computer. Somehow it is not as bad if you just read about it. Then I can get the headlines and just read the ones I think are worth it.

    I applaud your criticism though. Kuddos to you for giving it a whirl and standing up in your own way.

    K done being nice now don't get used to it :P