Thursday, April 30, 2009

Listen! To A Jubilant Song!

Just had the concert, and it was awesome. Totally worth the frustration that was erupting from the meisters when it was the last rehersal and we couldn't sing our stuff. Mom and Dad even came out to see it.

Oh, I should probably explain why mom and dad found it hard to attend...

See, remember that puppy I got about a year ago? Name's Sirius Black? Well almost two weeks ago now he broke his leg. And now he's confined to a crate and unable to walk and very very helpless. Someone needs to be home twenty four seven, which is a really difficult position to maintain. But still they came to my concert, and they loved it. They were even impressed with Josh's solo, but then, who wasn't?

Haha. I should probably tell me embaressing story, it would please my sisters. So today, we were talking about the hero's journey in english. And at one point, the english teacher was like "We're going to watch the first episode of a show that its the epitome of the hero's jounrney....I don't know if any of you have ever seen Buffy The Vampire Slayer?" and before I could hald back I squeled and my hand flew to my mouth. Everybody turned around to look at the geek who, because I am who I am, proudly announced to everyone around me that I had seen every episode. :) I also plan on watching the last episode the night before that english class because I've heard there's some awesome connections between the two so we'll see.

Anyway, life's getting better. I have more friends, and more fun, and I've learned A LOT.
It's awesome to have people around. :)


Oh and my weekend is shaping up to be pretty amazing, because first I have a bonfire at my friend's house, then shopping for a dress with mom, then going to my little niece's birthday part, and finishing off sunday with church and singing at shopright with my loves, the meisters. It'll be pretty fun.


And simply because this line keeps playing in my head, I'll quote it.

"Freeze ray. Stops time. Tell your friends."
~dr. horrible, with a PhD in Horribleness.

0 comments :