Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cape Cod baybay

Cape Cod is amazing. Its such a cool place, it really is like a hidden little.....place. Thats cool. =)

But anyway...Kerianne is sitting right next to me watching everything I type so...gosh darn I can't talk about her. Oh well. I guess I'll say the classic...she's amazing, she makes me laugh, she actually appreciates it here...
NO, I really do mean it! And more importantly, I'd like to document exactly how amazing its been. Last night, we got here at like...eight thirty ish. We walked into the house (which is adorable) and found our room with its bunk bed and set up. I will admit to might slight obsession with making everything all perfect, but thats okay because I enjoy it. Then we went to the beach to see the lighthouse, which is breathtaking at night when the lights on, and we saw the biggest waves we've ever seen. I hear this is unusual for Cape Cod, but I'm not lying I swear they were like tall.....curling easily like stomach height. It was epic. And then we were both thinking we kept seeing something but it would just disappear. Later my parents came down and said they saw a seal and then the fishermen who were on the beach said that if you watch when the lights hit the water you'd see them....and we did! Their red eyes would blink every time the light swung over. There they were, just chilling out and watching us. It was awesome.

Today we were to P Town. Its so cool to be in a place thats so accepting...and as shallow as it is...its quite entertaining. I saw so many like outwardly gay couples it was ridiculously cute. And cross dressers, and people with clothing painted on, and...like....20 rainbow flags in sight at any given time. Oh and we got a really cool kite that looks like an osprey that we're going to fly tonight. On the beach. How cool is that?

Tomorrow we're hitting the beach early...hopefully the water won't be too cold and we'll catch some wildlife. Then at four we'll be embarking on a seal watch, a two hour trip out to something island where theres supposedly a large number of seals. Should be cool.

SO thats the trip so far, for anyone who actually cares. =)

0 comments :