Saturday, August 16, 2008

Burn The Land, Boil The Sea

So how is it that someone can distance themselves from their own lives? Just curious. Because I think its possible for someone to actually reform their life without making a premeditated attempt at it. I think that its possible for someone, more importantly, to pull themselves away from their surroundings. Maybe it comes from a lack of trust, or a lack of ability to open up. Maybe its simply a way to figure out who you are. I don't think its a bad thing, nessicarily, if you don't use it as an excuse. But when no one accepts who they are you have a huge mass of confused people who aren't willing to come to terms with their confusion. Lies and fights and drama of all sorts can come from that, wars and killing and everything else. Children accept so easily what adults try to push aside. They accept what they like and don't like, what feels right and what feels wrong, and who they are. Explain to me why in times like these, I'm starting to feel that Children are wiser then adults? Doesn't wisedom come from experience? I beg to differ. You know what I think comes from experiance? Innocence. You see, a good friend of mine opened my eyes one day to what innocence really is. Theres a fine line between innocence and ignorance, same as there is between being innocent and being naive. In her words "Innocence comes from how many times you've chosen not to give up". So in reality, you could experience hell, but chose to keep going, and therefore you would have a hope in the world. You would have innocence, as some call it. You would have faith that there was still something worth fighting for. And this leads me to my realization of the day. Theres still something worth fighting for. Theres still purpose. I can turn my life around with God's help and guidance and help to make things as they should be. My church, for example. Thank god for the people I have supporting me and the phone call that I had today, because I have a new hope for my church. Theres no doubt in my mind that what needs to be done will be done if I just open up and let God take over. Not to sound oversaved. And more importantly, I can enjoy my life! My time to myself! See, I've been struggling a lot lately, and the details aren't important, but now I can really be okay with it all! Theres no written out reason or logical explaination, its just, well, worrying is a waste of time. Lifes worth living.
Welcome to reality, love. Welcome to innocence.

0 comments :