Sunday, October 7, 2007

Halloween

Okay, first off, hi everybody. Haven't talked in a while, sorry! I'll try to get better at that. Anyway, I want to go off on a little tangent about Halloween. I think Halloween used to be a fun time for everyone to go out at night, get candy, hang out and dress up. But all of a sudden as I get older I realize its becoming a huge excuse for girls my age to show more skin then they usually do and call it a costume. Which, you know what, to each their own, but where does that leave me? Now I go to Applefest today and buy this cute yarn hair thing that would work perfectly as like a bright sprite costume, and I got all excited. But what am i supposed to do when all i want to do is have fun and i am limited to what who and where I can go?!

3 comments :

  1. Sandra said...

    You, as always, should just be you. Don't worry about how much skin you show (or don't). I still have that problem and I am, well, older. (NO COMMENTS) But do what feels right to you. You don't have to judge your friends or peers on what they wear and don't worry about what they think about how you dress.
    It is like the drinking thing. For years I have been the one who doesn't drink. I still hang out with all the loonies who do drink and I have fun in my own way and you know what? Eventually they got used to it and realized that I wasn't judging them for drinking and we all still had a good time.

    Just be you and have fun, your real friends will get it and not bug you.

  2. Kerianne said...

    we'll go trick or treating together, since my costume is pretty darn conservative. i'm not even comfortable showing skin. iloooooooveyou.

  3. MarcoPolumbo said...

    Mhm, that's for sure. And showing more skin...in my opinion isn't more attractive. It's quite repulsive, no matter who it is under that costume. (Okay, so repulsive was the wrong word. It's quite repelling.)